Health and Safety Coordinator
My client is looking for a candidate who is extremely passionate about Health & Safety. They are open to a variety of experiences including a junior candidate looking to take the next step in their career with excellent communication skills.
My client is one of the largest privately managed logistics companies within the UK. They provide third party logistics to a number of large businesses across a number of sectors including the retail, automotive or food and drink. They offer an end to end solution, from import and export, customs and excise bonds, container clearance, transport, storage, kitting, full loads, parcel and pallet deliveries.
My client is looking to bring in a Health & Safety Coordinator who is not afraid to drive a cultural and behavioural change within H&S across its dual site location. They want to ensure site H&S standards are maintained and fully comply with legislation and company quality and initiatives. Able to operate flexibly in a warehouse team working environment, ensuring that hygiene, quality levels and performance standards are met, whilst promoting safe working practices. Key responsibilities include:
- Compile information and maintain H&S training standards on site
- Assist with the prevention of accidents by raising safety awareness on site
- Complete accident reporting and investigations and report findings to GM and National H&S Manager
- Ensure all H&S related training is conducted on time and documented on the site training matrix
- Complete quarterly compliance audits, monthly incident statistic reports and any other required quality documented records and report findings to National Health and Safety Manager
- Undertake local risk assessments as required and action additional controls on generic and site specific risk assessments conducted by the National H&S Manager
- Chair monthly local H&S committee meeting and attend National H&S committees
To be successful in this role you will ideally have experience working within a warehouse & distribution environment, while being passionate about Health & Safety. Other criteria will include:
- IOSH managing safely (ideal)
- NEBOSH qualification is preferred but not essential.
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills - able to train and advise
- Report writing skills
- Able to asses situations and report accordingly
- Skill in prioritising tasks
- Attention to detail and able to meet deadlines
On offer is a base salary of £25,000 - £30,000 DOE + training + benefits package.