Sales Operations Manager
This is an exciting and broad supply chain role that would suit anyone with strong stakeholder management skills, an eye for detail and a demonstrated team management background in Supply Chain.
Our client is a respected FMCG brand with International reach.
- Closely work with the Sales Director for EMEA Distributors to ensure that business objectives and strategic guidelines are applied.
- Review current communication processes between Bristol based business functions (Ops, order management, customer care, Marketing, Pricing etc.) and the Sales Managers. Enhance team work.
- Develop, present and implement proposals for an improved information flow.
- Work closely with the EMEA BATAM (Brand Activation) team
- Ensure that all information such as product specifics, availability dates, stock levels, prices, samples are received by distributors in line with their key annual planning.
- Ensure that distributors' orders and forecasts are received on a timely basis.
- Manage the Distributors Customer Care team in Bristol consisting of 3 Distributor coordinators
- Be the link between the distributors and order management / customer service in case of general questions or if support is needed.
- Become the local Sales & Ops representative for EMEA distributors in Bristol. Articulate specific business needs in cross-functional meetings and projects.
- Strengthen the positive image of the European distributor business and its growth potential on all management levels.
- Build in depth knowledge of the channel specifics and the top EMEA markets and share with colleagues over all functions. Collect and share knowledge of competitors' activity.
- Keeps the business well informed on success stories and issues from the markets.
Demonstrated background in cross-country Supply Chain/Operations, Sales & Marketing
Process management - preferably within consumer products industry
Profound understanding and affinity with sales planning & operations
Strong results orientation - proactive with "can do" attitude
High relational skills and people management skills in a multinational context
Highly organized and capable to prioritize workload
PC proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
An understanding of working with different countries/cultures.
This position requires occasional travel in Europe
A Competitive Salary and Benefits including Flextime