We are currently working in partnership with a reputable manufacturer with a strong heritage as they look recruit a Process Engineer for their manufacturing and production site in the South of Birmingham. The business is going through a significant growth period and, as such, are looking to ensure they are maximising yield and manufacturing capability through robust process interrogation. The successful Process Engineer will have a degree in an engineering field (preferably Metallurgy or Materials) and have experience working in a Foundry or Forging environment.
Our client is a leading manufacturer in its field supplying into a number of industry sectors with diverse product applications. The business has received a number of new contracts from both long-standing customers and new accounts and as such require additional support within their engineering function to ensure their manufacturing efficiencies are maintained during the initial growth and improved thereafter.
- Development of manufacturing processes to ensure customer specifications are met
- Take sole ownership for NPI management for various product ranges
- Continuously look to reduce cost to manufacture through CI and scrap reduction projects
- Provide root cause analysis support on manufacturing issues
- Develop and write process instructions for manufacturing
- Provide technical point of contact for customers where necessary
- Degree in Engineering field essential, with metallurgy/ materials engineering heavily preferred
- Background working in Forging or Casting in Process Engineering capacity desired
- Strong Continuous Improvement/ Lean toolkit
- Understanding of CAD modelling packages (NX, Solidworks)
Salary for the successful Process Engineer will be between £35,000 - £40,000 DOE + package