Field Service Engineer
I am now looking to recruit a Field Service Engineer to form part of a global Service team. This position will be based out of Derbyshire but the role is UK based with up to 80% travel serving a mix of customers and industries that have established service contracts with my client. To apply for this position you will have 3+ years' experience of on-site service or working in a technical environment.
Based in Derbyshire as the Field Service Engineer you will be UK based with up to 80% travel serving a mixture of customers. My client is the world's leading manufacturer of monitors and analysers for industrial infrared non-contact temperature measurement, combustion efficiency and environmental pollutant emissions. They also provide a comprehensive range of after sales services to assist in obtaining the best performance from their systems. The services incorporate technical support, certification and calibration, commissioning, repairs, servicing, preventative maintenance and training.
As the Field Service Engineer you will form part of the global Service team, the Field Service Engineer provides technical support to customers and sales channels as well as being responsible for contract/non-contract on-site service, preventative maintenance, commissioning and training on all products and systems. Acting as a "Service Ambassador" satisfy the business operational needs - ensuring that service levels are consistently met in a productive and financially responsible manner. Works closely with multiple departments to provide an outstanding customer experience.
The role is UK based with up to 80% travel serving a mix of customers and industries that have established service contracts with my client. Jobs are scheduled by the Service Administrator and confirmed by the Field Service Engineer. Efficient planning, cost control, business generation/retention, adherence to H&S regulation, maintenance of personal test equipment and PPE is an essential part of the role. The Field Service Engineer will be required to troubleshoot and provide remote support. The role will also require some international travel.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Main tasks and responsibilities are centralized around direct contact with customers, distribution partners and the internal and external Sales/Service teams.
- Provide technical support to customers, covering commissioning, service and calibration of products and systems. This support will be on-site and remote as required.
- Ensure Site Visit Reports are complete and signed off by the customer in a timely manner to allow invoicing.
- Acting as a "Service Ambassador" manage technical relationships of the customer base, ensuring that products performs to specification and the customer expectation.
- Identify cross and up selling opportunities with existing customers, for new products and services.
- Troubleshoot and reproduce problems and define workarounds/solutions.
- Using the continuous improvement methodology, provide product feedback from the field that can help fix current product issues and help in the design of future products.
- Work closely with Engineered Solutions for special project commissioning.
- Input to NPI process - ensure new products are designed to be as easy as possible to service in the field.
- Involvement in technical training of sales, distributors and customers.
To apply for the Field Service Engineer position based in Derbyshire but UK wide you will have the following:
- Relevant technical qualification in suitable discipline.
- 3+ years' experience of onsite service or working in a technical support environment.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Communication, influencing and assertiveness.
- High level of work ethics and customer satisfaction commitment. Must be passionate about meeting customer requirements.
- Outstanding customer service and relationship building.
- Excellent computer skills - Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of OPC, Modbus, software (C++, C#), PLC programming (Siemens, Allen Bradley) - desirable.
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask under demanding deadlines.
- A positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with ambiguity are a must.
- Strong trouble shooting skills and a passion for problem solving and investigation
- Demonstrates good judgement in analysing information to make routine decisions.
- Ability to communicate technically with people at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Open to receiving feedback and applying/integrating the feedback to improve results.
- Good team player but also able to work on own initiative.
Salary for the Field Service Engineer is depending on background knowledge but will include:
- £30,000 - £35,000 Basic Salary
- Company Car
- Over Time Payable