Digital Optimisation Assistant
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 30 Best Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 640 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen in 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business and are now looking to recruit a:
Digital Optimisation Assistant
As the Digital Optimisation Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the Digital Optimsiation Manager and CRO manager in driving the performance for the website. For this role you should have been involved strategic digital testing, with an analytical background and some experience of improving online conversion funnels from various traffic sources.
Under the guidance of the Digital Optimisation Manager and working in collaboration with the wider digital team you will be expected to define and create research led optimisation, personalisation and UX improvements. You should be able to translate raw analytics into a story with actionable insights and next steps.
Currently based in our Marketing suit in Northampton we will be moving to Raunds in 2020 to our new purpose built offices.
Responsibilities in brief
- Work to the set forecast to ensure that the relevant KPI’s are met.
- Implementation of initiatives to continually increase conversion rate across the relevant digital channels.
- Execute improvements around the digital experience across all current / future applications ensuring alignment with any pilot and / or digital programme goals.
- Work with the Digital Optimisation Manager and the wider digital team to analyse and optimise all channels which drive traffic, to maximise learnings.
- Work very closely on an on-going daily basis with the Digital UX Programme team, to propose, scope and quantify future updates to the digital platform.
- Have a well-defined usability testing strategy that provides us with valuable insights on how to improve the UX experience.
- Monitor progress against plans and provide weekly status reports, highlighting key issues and new risks.
- A champion in Google Analytics you’ll use this as a primary data source to analyse a wide range of areas from traffic conversion.
- Identify trends and use patterns to identify and quantify customer habits and behaviour to recommend modifications to maximise traffic, reduce abandonment rate, and increase sales.
- Be accountable for testing and prioritise backlog and projects within the areas of responsibility.
Skills & experience
Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Attention to detail and organised
- Logical and methodical
- Demonstrable UX skills
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Confident communicator
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to switch styles according to the audience
- Flexible, agile and quick thinking
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail & highly organised
- A team player, creative, dynamic, detail-minded and independent
Howdens deeply value team working and reward our people in line with individual and team success through a competitive package of benefits including;
- Highly competitive salary plus bonus
- Matched contribution pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (excluding Bank holidays)
- Staff discount on Howdens products
- Share awards and prize draws
- Modern spacious offices with free parking