I am now looking to recruit 2 x Quality Inspector's for a leading Automotive business based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. Based at the site in Sheffield, my client are looking for a confident and self-assured individual to join the Standards Room Team within their Quality Department. This is an excellent opportunity to gain European exposure.
Based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire my client is the UK subsidiary of a major European brand and the leader in its sector of the manufacture of parts supplied into the automotive industry. Their customers include major OEM's worldwide.
From the purpose built plant located on the outskirts of Sheffield, my client supplies products to OE (original equipment) manufacturers all over the world. Over 75% of the production from this operation is exported. My client are constantly striving to achieve manufacturing excellence and have a modern approach to manufacturing, focused to exceeding the customers expectations. There aim is to present customers consistently with engineering solutions, on time and with zero defects.
Reporting into the Quality Manager based in Sheffield at the manufacturing plant as the Quality Inspector you will be responsible for the maintenance of quality inspection standards and achieving targets for the section. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, capable of organising their own workload but also working as part of a teamin the immediate team and wider company.
The role is responsible for the maintenance of quality inspection standards and achieving targets for the section. The successful candidate will have experience of the following:
- Measurement of cast iron and machined components for production release using metrology equipment such as Mitutoyo 3CMM machines and 3D scanning (GOM).
- Investigation work and sample measurements on a variety of components, tools and gauges.
- Experience and working knowledge of Mitutoyo 3CMM machines, including measurements, equipment and COSMOS programming.
- Able to work from technical drawing requirements and from physical components. Experience of calibration of equipment used in a manufacturing environment.
- Sound knowledge of measurement techniques and geometrical tolerancing.
- Flexible approach to learning and working within a wider team.
- PC skills.
To apply for the position of Quality Inspector based in Sheffield you will have a background in Quality Inspection and manufacturing. you will also have/be:
- Background in CNC machining
- Working knowledge of Siemens and Fanuc NC controls
- SAP knowledge
- GRR and capability study experience
- Knowledge of Metrology & calibration
- IT knowledge
- Flexible approach to work, on a three-shift system based on a 5 in 7 contract.
Please apply for salary information.