Are you a Production Engineer looking for a new challenge? I am now working with a large, engineering based manufacturing company located in Doncaster who are looking to recruit a Production Engineer to identify, evaluate, justify, implement new improvements to product, manufacturing methods and tooling in line with company strategy. This is a days based position with a very creditable organisation.
Located in Doncaster my client are a leader in their field and work in a mass volume, highly automated manufacturing environment. This position will form part of a large engineering team based on the Doncaster manufacturing plant and a Production Engineer you will provide technical support to manufacturing operations.
As the Production Engineer you will report into the Engineering Manager and will be responsible to identify, evaluate, justify, implement and prove improvements to product, manufacturing methods, tooling and assets in line with company strategy. You will also be tasked with introducing new, modified or in-sourced products into manufacturing operations, in line with company strategy. Based on the Doncaster site you will manage multiple engineering projects you will manage multiple engineering projects and build both internal and external relationships
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and support engineering projects.
- Systematic resolutions to problems within production.
- Operational Improvements and Value Engineering.
- Capex generation, monitoring and adherence.
- Generate, maintain and update tool designs using CAD.
- Generate, maintain and update plant layout drawings using CAD.
- Specification, installation, commissioning and approval of new/modified capital equipment, buildings and services.
- Generate, maintain and update routings and costing data.
- Generate, maintain and update documentation in line with accreditation's and company procedures.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of this position.
- Accepts responsibility for the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Understands and follows Company safety, health & environmental and any other Company policies and procedures.
To apply for the Production Engineer position based in Doncaster you will have some manufacturing background and:
QUALIFICATIONS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
* Ideally a degree qualification in an engineering discipline.
* Full clean driving licence
* Able to travel internationally occasionally as and when required.
* Mass volume, highly automated manufacturing environment.
* Lean manufacturing (5'S, SMED, 6-Sigma).
* Problem solving techniques.
* Project and team management/support.
* 3D/2D CAD (Solidworks preferred).
* Tool design.
* Time-Study (desirable)
Please apply for more information.