Senior Data Engineer - Flexible Working Options
Senior Data Engineer | Python/Hadoop| Cloudera
Retail/eCommerce industry | West London / Uxbridge area | £50,000 to £75,000
Strong working from home options / flexible working
One of the UK's leading retailers. In 2017, they invested heavily in digital transformation. This is set to continue into 2018 with massive funding for one of the UK's biggest Big Data projects, set to reach petabyte scale.
Alongside some of the best Data Scientists in the industry, you'll help to develop a high performance & highly scalable Big Data platform to enable a variety of new analytics use cases. The main tech will be Python, Hadoop, and Cloudera technologies, and the team will be incorporating Spark and Kafka over the next year.
WHAT'S THE ROLE
As Senior Data Engineer, you'll be developing a complex, highly scalable Cloudera platform. The bulk of the work will be done with Python and Cloudera Technologies - You will be focused around the Software Engineering work in the team working with Python and Hadoop tech, and incorporating Spark and Kafka later in the year.
WHO ARE THEY LOOKING FOR
- Experience developing a production level Big Data platform, preferably Cloudera or Hortonworks, and experience with a number of Hadoop/Spark ecosystem tools
- Solid Python programming skills
- Experience with both batch and stream processing is preferable
- Any experience with analytics/data science would be really useful but not necessary
WHY SHOULD I APPLY
- The opportunity to join a rapidly growing team with huge prospects
- Really flexible working arrangements, with typically only two days required in the office
- The chance to be trained in new tech
- £50,000 to £75,000 + annual bonus + other benefits
HOW TO APPLY
Click the 'Apply' link on this page!
However, if you don't think this is the one for you, Harnham are working on a broad spectrum of roles in the busiest Big Data market ever - get in touch with Ross Whatling
Big DataEngineer, Big Data Developer, Big Data Software, Hadoop, Spark streaming, AWS, Cloudera, Kafka, Scala, London