My client is a long established and active professional services brand that serves clients up and down the UK from an array of transactional business lines. The group is looking to commence a statutory accounting practice that will include preparing year-end accounts, audited accounts & management accounts for a corporate customer base with turnovers ranging £1-50m. It is expected that a small tax team will also be built over time.
The practice will become the epi-centre of the groups activities and present a means to not only retain existing clients but start the process of building more long-term value-led relationships that in turn will drive the group to be the local and national go-to brand for their target market.
This is the keystone hire for this exciting new division and therefore the role brings a degree of responsibility to contribute to the design and delivery of the practice which you will lead. The role will likely be served from a yet to be determined new site in the North West. You will lead recruitment of all hires into this division, with the support of group.
As a new business in a new office, it is expected that you will contribute to marketing and business development activities that would be associated with building local and national presence as well as winning new clients and potentially bringing in existing relationships.
This is an exciting but demanding role likely to appeal to someone who has developed through to pre-Partner level in their existing practice. The scope of this build comes with the expectation that this is not a 9-5 role but the right individual will recognise this investment of time is balanced with clear meritocracy and a unique opportunity to build enterprise value. You will have demonstrable experience of building teams, winning business and providing value-led work.
- 7+ years PQE (90% of which needs to be in relevant practice experience)
- Holds practicing & auditing certificates
- 5+ years leading and line management
- Fee winning in incumbent role with own ARR of £400k+
- Incumbent Big 4 – Director level plus
- 10+ years PQE
- 10+ years leading and line management
- Fee winning in incumbent role with own ARR of £600k+
- Expertise in any of manufacturing, telecoms, distribution, media & technology
- Founder level equity participation (no subscription price)
- Director level base salary
- Dividend and bonus structure