Service Transition Manager
Job Title: Service Transition Manager
Job Location: Milton Keynes
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 6 Months plus
Job Rate: £450 per day
Service Transition Manager required to join an international organisation based in Milton Keynes for a challenging new contract role. My client requires a contract Service Transition Manager to manage the on-going transition of projects and services into Information Systems Operations. The role will also be responsible for maintaining all aspects of the service transition process and its governance. The Transition Manager's focus will be on maintaining and improving operational service, by ensuring all new and changed services are implemented in a controlled manner and are fit for purpose with appropriate service delivery capability in place.
- Oversee the transition of new or amended services into Operational Support in collaboration with other parts of Information Systems, in order to facilitate successful project completion and a smooth handover to service delivery.
- Ensure all defined Service Transition deliverables are successfully created and signed off for each project as relevant
- Oversee the delivery of accurate reporting against all elements of Service Transition so that information is available to key stakeholders
- Support the management and measurement of supplier Service Levels Agreements as well as associated governance and project management
- Identify and actively manage risks to operational service delivery
- Actively take ownership of the Service Transition process and its' templates and documentation and seek to consistently improve them
- Support other members of the IS Operations team with escalations and where additional assistance is required
- Support other members of the IS Operations team with advice and guidance on ITIL Service Management processes as required
- Work with third party suppliers to co-ordinate Transition process interfaces.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Service transition management experience
- Deep understanding of service management lifecycle
- Experience of managing supplier relationships
- Experience of managing relationships with other IS disciplines such as Project Management
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- A logical thinker with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Takes ownership of problems and proactively resolve them
- ITIL Certification
If you are an experienced Service Transition Consultant/Manager with the experience as described above then I would like to see your CV ASAP.