Services to Schools Officer- Kingston Upon Thames
£29,020 per annum for 36 hours per week Monday to Friday based out of County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston-upon-Thames, KT1 2DN. This position is based inside one of our main area offices, click HERE to see a 360 degree view of the building and surrounding area along with a view of the reception.
This is a 12 month secondment / fixed term contract.
Where possible, we offer flexible working, mobile phones and laptops. 24 days annual leave for full time staff or pro rata for part time staff. Local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
About the Role
Do you enjoy supporting a range of customers and colleagues with diverse queries?
Do you want to challenge yourself to learn a new IT system, to share your knowledge with a wider audience?
Does the sound of forming networks, to positively change the way an organisation works, appeal to you?
If yes, we have the perfect role for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Services to Schools Officer to join our Schools & Learning service. This unique role will work closely with the Orbis partnership, which encompasses Surrey County Council, East Sussex County Council and Brighton & Hove City Council.
The council’s Schools & Learning service works in close partnership with Surrey’s education community to ensure all learners (including our most vulnerable), have access to a good education and are able to achieve their potential.
The purpose of the Orbis partnership is to deliver greater value for our councils, residents and customers by increasing efficiencies with schools through the support and development of our traded services platform, SLA Online.
You will be joining a talented team that promotes and implements a wide programme of change within Schools & Learning, and providing possible wider support across the Orbis partnership. You will gain the opportunity to network with a range of teams, across directorates, to play a key role in transforming how Surrey County Council delivers services to schools.
Building a network of internal and external stakeholders, you will be involved in providing excellent customer service, promoting cross-team working and recognising development opportunities that further enhance the user experience of SLA Online.
Using your knowledge of IT systems to manage the day-to-day operation of SLA Online, you will be proactively identifying, managing and escalating opportunities or risks.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position, your application will clearly demonstrate experience or provide evidence of:
- The core role requirements outlined in the Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities, Experience and Personal Characteristics.
- That you are a self-starter that is organised, disciplined and able to manage and prioritise a high-profile and varied workload.
- Are able to analyse quantitative and qualitative data to inform robust decision making / recommendations and drive improvements.
- Excellent customer relationship management, influencing and negotiating skills, with stakeholders at all levels including senior managers, teaching staff and headteachers.
- Financial or budgetary management with experience of supporting financial processes (would be advantageous).
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 20th April 2018.
Interviews will take place by 30th April 2018.
Equal Opportunity, Values and Behaviours
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
The values below will be crucial in delivering our corporate strategy, and are what we draw on to make a difference for Surrey residents.
- Listen - We actively listen to others and expect to be listened to.
- Responsibility - We take responsibility in all that we do at work.
- Trust - We work to inspire trust and we trust in others.
- Respect - We are supportive and inclusive and committed to learning from others.
Our behaviours are what people experience when they interact. They encompass how we do our work and how we treat other.
- Be customer focused - We put the customer at the heart of our work and take responsibility to uphold the customer promise in all that we do.
- Work as one team - We collaborate with and involve our partners, customers and colleagues, and build strong and lasting relationships based on listening, trust and mutual respect.
- Make things happen - We plan and deliver our work on time and effectively, making sure we understand the needs and priorities and considering all our options and risks.
- Communicate with purpose - We communicate clearly to all our stakeholders, making sure that we listen, understand and inform in the process.
- Be the best we can be - We embrace the need for change and innovation, taking responsibility to improve our services and processes in the right way.
- Develop ourselves and others - We learn continually, we seek feedback about our own performance and support others to learn.