Receptionist Private Healthcare Hospital Surrey
Receptionist - £19,000-£21,000 plus an excellent benefits package
Location - Guildford Surrey
Hours - Full time
Type of role - Permanent
Our client is a renowned Private Healthcare Hospital Group specialising in Ophthalmics. Due to expansion we are seeking a Private Healthcare Receptionist who lives locally to the area.
The role is to be part of a multi-disciplined team contributing to the activity of the Patient Services Team. Responsibilities of the role will include: providing cover at the main hospital reception, being the first point of contact for patients and all other hospital visitors both in person and over the telephone, greeting patients and visitors at reception in a professional manner, supporting the Patient Services Team by assisting with patient queries before, and following consultation, billing, general administration support to Patient Services team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To promote a sensitive and caring approach to all patients, visitors and colleagues within the hospital environment.
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls directing the caller to the appropriate staff member. Taking messages when necessary.
- Greet patients and check them in using appropriate reporting tools (DGL / Paperschedules).
- Liaise with patients and relatives in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Ensure that patients in the reception area are managed pro-actively at all times and kept informed of any delays.
- Consistently follow the procedure for meeting and greeting all patients to ensure they receive a good welcome and are fully informed of what their visit will entail.
- Support the management of relationships between patients and Consultants/Surgeons/Optometrists.
- Receive and distribute the post daily.
- Organise the booking of taxi’s for patients.
- Co-ordinate and support promotional events e.g. open evenings
- Awareness of CQC policies and updates, and following correct procedures for documenting and reporting any incident
- Support the Patient and Clinical Services teams in preparation for CQC visits.
- To observe patient confidentiality at all times, in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Skills & Experience
- Well organised, able to prioritise and cope well with pressure
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail
- Good IT skills i.e good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience of working in a front of house/face to face customer service role
- Experience of customer billing/accounts is useful
- Private Healthcare experience is desirable.
Urgent requirement - please send your CV - ASAP and we shall respond. All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.