Purchase Ledger Clerk
For: Purchase Ledger/ Reception
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/06293
Our client in Peterborough are a Civil Engineering Company with very smart offices looking for a new purchase Ledger Clerk to join their busy accounts team in Peterborough. They are looking for someone with a professional approach and excellent communication skills.
· Purchase invoice input onto Sage 200
· Dealing with purchase invoice queries
· POD matching and close liaison with the procurement department and site teams.
· Purchase invoice statement reconciliations
· Aged creditor reporting/ invoice tracking
· Providing assistance to finance manager and the wider accounts team as required
· Being the first point of contact for incoming phone calls and visitors to our Head Office
· General administrative duties
· Franking of outgoing post
· Reception duties being the first point of contact for visitors
· Other ad hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate is someone who has already gained some experience of working in a busy purchase ledger environment. You will have a professional approach and an eye for detail and enjoy working as part of a small team. You should knowledge and experience in using MS Office including Word and Excel. Ideally, you will also have experience using SAGE200, but any SAGE experience would be relevant as all SAGE packages operate in a similar way. Previous experience of working within the sector and Project based accounting would also be a distinct plus
The Starting Salary will be up to GBP22,000 depending on previous experience.
Hours of work are 8.30am to 5pm Monday - Friday.
Free car parking.