Senior Production Engineer
I am now working on behalf of a large manufacturing company based in Sheffield who are looking to recruit a Senior Production Engineer.
This position will be based at the Sheffield facility and will come with great progression opportunities with the chance to personally develop your skills within Mechanical Engineering and Project Management. As the Production Engineer you will be based on a days basis, Monday-Friday.
As the Senior Production Engineer you will join a team of technical and design staff at its head office in Sheffield who each year fix solutions for almost 1500 projects. My client have 3 sites across the UK and employs circa 500 people. They also have ten overseas offices located in Europe and the Middle East and aims to be the preferred supplier of steel fixings. As a business they specialises in the design and manufacture of high integrity steel fixings for masonry and concrete construction. On a daily basis the company shares its specialist knowledge with its construction partners in order to avoid installation difficulties, site delays and unnecessary remedial measures.
As the Senior Production Engineer based in Sheffield you will co-ordinate and provide engineering support to all elements of Sheffield's Manufacturing processes, ensuring that all activities are controlled and co-ordinated in a clean, safe working environment, in order that customer service levels are maximised and costs are minimised.
You will ideally come from a Fabrication background with knowledge of Laser cutting or Press braking as you will be tasked with process improvement projects ensuring operational excellence principles and best practice is applied wherever and whenever possible. You will also liaise with all relevant internal and external functions, in particular Sales, Technical and Purchasing providing production advice and support and ensure all equipment/work tooling is kept in a good state of repair and that effective and proactive maintenance is carried out.
All this is to enable;
- Customer expectations are satisfied.
- Products conform to required standard.
- Lead-times are minimised.
- Low cost manufacture is achieved.
- Rejects, rework and scrap is avoided.
- Costs are minimised.
- Material waste is minimised.
- Up time is maximised
- Production costs are minimised.
To apply for the position of Senior Production Engineer, based in Sheffield you will have a strong engineering background with the desire to progress and personally develop. Other requirements include;
- Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or similar.
- Lean or Six Sigma Trained.
- Track record of leading and participating in improvement projects.
- Conducting feasibility studies
- Writing investment justifications to be submitted to board level.
- Specifying and purchasing capital equipment.
- Applying lean manufacturing principles on a daily basis.
- Designing production systems and processes which can be managed from a distance.
As the Senior Production Engineer you will work on a Monday-Friday days position, based in Sheffield but some travel may be required. Salary for this position will be between £28K to £40,000 (depending on experience) plus company bonus and pension.