Aerodrome Flight Information Services Officer
Stobart Aviation have an exciting opportunity for an exciting Aerodrome Flight Information Services Officer to join their growing team based in Carlisle Lake District Airport.
Job Title: Aerodrome Flight Information Services Officer
Location: Carlisle Lake District Airport
Shift Pattern: 4 days on, 3 days off
Stobart Group is an Infrastructure and Support Services business operating in the biomass energy, railway maintenance and aviation sectors as well as having investments in a property and logistics portfolio.
Aerodrome Flight Information Services Officer - What’s the role?
As an Aerodrome Flight Information Services Officer (AFISO) your main objective is to provide information to aircraft in the air and on the ground to ensure a safe, orderly and high quality air traffic service. You’ll be joining a hardworking and committed team of professionals, who work efficiently and constructively with each other in support of services at Carlisle Lake District Airport with the potential to progress to an Air Trafic Control Officer (ATCO) position.
Aerodrome Flight Information Services Officer - What will I be responsible for?
- Issuing ATS and MET information to aircraft in the air and on the ground
- Processing essential flight data information in an effective and efficient manner
- Answering the telephone and intercoms and processing essential information in a prompt and accurate manner
- Carrying out preparatory tasks and checking equipment prior to opening the watch.
- Preparing, processing and updating flight progress strips
- Providing an on-call AFIS (Aerodrome Flight Information Service) outwith normal airport hours to Search & Rescue and ambulance flights
- Participating in training for unusual circumstances and emergencies (TRUCE) and Unit Training Plan
- When appointed act as an AFISO Safety Officer
- Updating the ATS watch log and other operational and technical logs and reports as necessary
- Compiling and transmitting weather reports
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of ATS and MET related regulations and documentation
- Updating and maintaining ATS and MET documentation as required
- Communicating with outside agencies on various aviation related matters
- Carrying out duties detailed in the local Emergency and Security orders
- Upkeep of the electronic log (Dynamics) for aircraft movements, diversions and cancellations
- Inspecting, checking and maintaining ATS and ATE equipment
- Reporting equipment unserviceability to the relevant parties and initiating the corrective call-out procedure
- Liaison with other airfield departments as required
- Assisting with document control and other safety management related tasks
- Adherence to the procedures contained within the company safety management systems (SIMS)
- Any other extraneous duties as advised by the airport management team
Aerodrome Flight Information Services Officer - You:
- AFISO Licence
- Meteorological observers
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a package including company pension scheme and uniform.
To submit your CV for this exciting Aerodrome Flight Information Services Officer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!