An exciting Legal Secretary role, based in Reading, paying a competitive salary
Your new company
A leading legal 500 firm is looking to grow their Commercial Property department. This medium sized firm has multiple offices based in across Berkshire. Following a succession of new clients through business development, the firm is currently looking for an Legal Secretary that has experience in a Commercial Property/Real Estate department.
Your new role
In your new role, you will be assist with fee earning and managerial responsibilities. The firms senior members sit on multiple specialist organisations and sit on legal panels. The firm focuses their work on high profile corporations as well as SME's and private clients however normally associate themselves with large city firms work. Other duties will include:
- Types, corrects & amends a variety of legal correspondence & documentation, high volume of typing.
- General administration duties including, keeping case/client files up to date; creating new files; referencing; general filing. Ensuring familiarity with lawyer's clients & cases.
- Professionally answering internal & external telephone calls & efficient message taking.
- Keeps own & lawyers diaries up to date. Book meeting rooms as necessary.
- Make travel & accommodation arrangements for lawyers.
- In solicitors absence checks post/voicemail & email ensuring urgent matters are dealt with.
- Provides holiday/absence & pressure cover for other secretaries as needed. Participates in lunch cover rota.
- Prepare client bills for lawyer review and approval. May undertake chargeable work as directed by lawyer.
- Is familiar with and adheres to firm's policies and procedures.
- Undertaking online and paper searches (knowledge of all searches and how to apply for them is very important e.g. Index Map Searches, commercial drainage and water enquiries etc).
- Amending leases, contracts and reports. Collating documentation ready to send out to client.
- Obtaining precedents from books or online
- Land Registry applications
- Prepare draft SDLT returns
- Submit SDLT returns on line
- Undertaking billing monthly including preparation for narratives from the system, letters and emails
- Managing monthly reporting for major clients
- Regular updating of deeds bible for major clients
What you'll need to succeed
To be successfully put forward for this role, it is required that you have Specialist property legal experience as well as good general secretarial experience. As well as this, you will need to have:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Pays attention to detail
- Team player
- Well organised Flexible - willingness to work late if needed
- Able to work effectively under pressure / meet tight deadlines
- Able to adapt to new technologies
- working methods Professional & confident approach Enthusiastic,
- friendly and helpful
- Pro-active and able to use initiative
- Good communicator
What you'll get in return
A Highly competitive salary, benefits package, as well support and progression throughout your career as a Legal Secretary within the firm.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.