Employee Benefits Consultant
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organisational, time management and self-management skills.
- Excellent telephone and face to face communication skills
- Excellent product knowledge
- Possessing a good educational background with good IT literacy and navigational skills
- Flexible attitude, good team player and a highly developed sense of personal initiative.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Managing a portfolio of business with responsibility for overall retention and growth of the account to a set of defined KPI’s
- Maintaining a strong contact strategy with your portfolio to cover face to face and regular phone contact
- Cross selling into existing portfolio including referrals for additional new business to hit a defined set of targets
- Generating Group Risk referrals into our specialist team to agreed target levels
- Being fully compliant at all times
- Ensuring all paperwork (eg Fact finds) are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Working closely with portfolio to ensure client has best policy to meet their needs and value for money with no loss of cover.
- Maintain the Client Management Database with accurate client data and considering any Data Protection issues
- Ensuring task lists are up to date and complete, requesting assistance where required
- Responding to all correspondence/phone calls to an agreed set of SLA’s and with a professional manner
- Demonstrate a full understanding of the sales process and apply this across all sales transactions
- Consider all underwriting, regulatory and insurer requirements in all transactions
- Monthly and Annual targets are achieved
- Answering the telephone and managing queries, filtering to the appropriate personnel where necessary
- Gain wider product knowledge where required
- Assist other colleagues during quiet periods of administration activities
- Assist in maintaining the image, ethos and style of the Chase Templeton’s Group of Business.
- To work with colleagues in such a way that every employee feels included and valued
- Assist in maintaining the external relationships with insurance companies
- Adherence to and complete awareness of the guidelines of the company staff handbook
- Maintain own self-development and where possible, attend training arranged and identify self-development needs.
- Responsibility for own and awareness of, Health and Safety requirements and reporting any issues to your line manager.
- Any other duties as requested from time to time by the management team and/or Director
- Responsibility for own personal development in line with the agreed annual performance objectives.
- Up to date market/insurer knowledge
- Up to date product knowledge across the whole market
- Up to date regulatory knowledge
- Ability to use a Microsoft Office