IT Software and Support Specialist
IT Software and Support Specialist - Innovative Technology Team - to £40,000
Your new company
Prestigious opportunity within an innovative Technology team for a Software and Support Specialist.
Your new role
As our Software and Support Specialist you will be responsible for:-
- Liaising with software partners to ensure that system capabilities are fully maximised
- Providing support of all software packages used for key business applications and processes
- Maintaining constant knowledge of software developments within the wider IT environment
- Champion those development you believe will bring about cost savings or sales advantages
- Using automated reports to ensure weaknesses in use of the software/systems is identified and rectified
- Managing and building relationships with external providers
- Developing and maintaining a technology roadmap to enable and support the future growth of the business and ensure we are in the lead of our competitors
- Supporting the introduction of new technologies and project manage all IT projects and liaise with all stakeholders
- Assist in managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems to
- Providing desktop support and assistance with hardware installation
- Helping provide day-to-day troubleshooting for staff. As part of the tripartite team ensuring office coverage 7:00am - 5:00pm.
- Develop in-house systems
What you'll need to succeed
Successful Software and Support Specialists will possess a combination of the following skills:-
- A thorough understanding of the computer systems and their application in a service business environment
- Conversant with web and android applications
- Conversant with M SQL, backups and maintenance, T-SQL, SSRS
- Experience of virtualised environments such as VM Ware (desirable)
- Backup and Mstore technologies (desirable)
- Network Infrastructure, VPNS, DNS (desirable)
- Demonstrate their knowledge and enthusiasm for IT innovation and implementation
- Be able to undertake project management and deliver to agreed timelines
- Must have experience of business software systems (e.g. CRM, ERP, Sage)
- Good time management skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and excellent technical awareness
- Solid verbal and interpersonal communication skills are critical
- Due to the nature of the role, and in order to keep the company systems functioning, there will occasionally be a requirement to perform maintenance work outside of normal business hours
What you'll get in return
In return you will be rewarded with ongoing career development and training at the cutting edge of technology.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.