Modeller - Decision Science
SJC Partners is currently managing the recruitment process for the hire of a Statistical Modelling Analyst to join a rapidly growing investment business. This business is going from strength to strength both in the UK and overseas therefore need to bring in an exceptional individual to play a pivotal role in their Manchester based Decision Science team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Decision Science team with the production and development of operational and financial pricing models
- Creating statistical models including predictive, descriptive and segmentation models for operational strategies
- Performance monitoring and diagnostic analysis including creation of reports and post model build diagnostics
- Engaging with stakeholders and model users to understand requirements, hand over models and provide insight into model assumptions and performance
- Creating, validating, and implementing simple models independently, as well as working as part of a team to produce larger suites of related models
- Supporting the wider analytics function with insight to explain customer behaviour which ultimately informs strategic decision making
The role encompasses all aspects of the model life cycle including stakeholder engagement, project scoping & planning, data gathering, model building, documentation, performance monitoring & diagnostic analysis and user support
The successful candidate will have a quantitative degree, either at BSc, MSc or PhD level furthermore knowledge of common statistical methods and modelling and hands on coding experience in SQL and/or SAS or other coding language. Work experience wise you have been in a financial analytics based role (ideally FS though not an absolute pre-requisite) and have data-focused programming experience including simulations. You will be a natural problem solver and have an innovative approach to new ways of working.
This is a highly fast paced and entrepreneurial business where career progression prospects are unrivalled and where the right individual can really make their mark