Marketing Manager (Maternity leave cover)
Reading University Students' Union (RUSU) is based on the beautiful Whiteknights Campus of the University of Reading. RUSU is a charitable provider of advice, support and social activities to our members, the 18,000 students at the University. We have a significant commercial enterprise including a Café Bar, catering outlets, nursery, franchised outlets, merchandise shop and a nightclub currently being refurbished and due to reopen at the start of the Autumn Term.
We are currently looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to cover for maternity leave. This is a hands on role being involved in the promotion of the commercial areas and the non commercial activities and campaigns to students. It is a dynamic, fun and challenging environment working closely with the elected student officers and as part of the management team for the organisation.
The role involves:
- managing the Marketing permanent and student staff team
- managing all aspects of the Marketing function at RUSU
- pro actively deliver RUSU's marketing campaigns & services
- be responsible for overseeing the development of the new website.
- oversee the production of communications media e.g. Annual Report, Impact Report, All Student Meeting, Welcome Week, student elections, Summer Ball.
- Previous experience of being the Marketing expert
- the ability to communicate using varied marketing tools
- experience of working as part of a team and managing a team
- CIM qualified
- attention to detail skills
- innovative approach to marketing
- ability to work to tight deadlines
This is a full time role, starting as soon as possible for up to 12 months to cover maternity leave.