Project / Management Accountant
Provide financial guidance to the commercial team on a monthly basis, liaising with the overseas operations to ensure reliable and accurate project accounting. Assist the Head of Finance, within the UK Finance department to fulfil the needs and obligations of the business.
A successful and well established organisation who can offer excellent career prospects.
- Produce Accurate project accounts for inclusion with the monthly management accounts, including rolling monthly forecasts collated from the country managers rolling forecasts.
- Maintain a monthly group sales forecast.
- Maintain and develop the project costing system to accurately record financial performance on projects.
- Produce budgets and forecasts for all key projects. Including continuous monitoring and highlighting quickly to senior management variances.
- Prepare project cash flow forecasts for inclusive within the UK weekly rolling cash flow forecast.
- Ensure that accounting adjustments are reconciled and agreed with the Head of Finance and discrepancies are resolved.
- Assist in the integrity of the UK accounting systems (currently Sage) and to ensure backups are regularly made.
- Assist the Head of Finance with the group requirements as and when they arise.
- Assist with the year end audit and production of the statutory accounts and corporation tax returns
- Guide the Commercial Team in Financial aspects of tendering.
- Sage (beneficial)
- Understanding of UK GAAP
- Understanding of VAT and Corporation Tax
- Ability to explain financial information clearly to non Financial people
- Excellent I.T. skills in particular Excel, Graphs and PowerPoint
- Project Costing Variance Analysis experience is beneficial
A competitive salary and benefits package