Accounts Assistant (Virgin Group Company)
This is a fantastic temp-to-permanent opportunity to join a rapidly growing Virgin Group business. Immediate start.
We are a Virgin Group company gearing up to make the leap from entrepreneurial start to up to rapidly growing UK health business. We are motivated by the desire to make the planet and people healthier and happier by both reducing the use of single-use plastic bottles and helping our customers drink more water and less sugar. Established in 2012 with the backing of Sir Richard Branson, the company is now at a very exciting inflection point. A stable and growing operational base is entering a period of rapid growth. As we launch new products in 2018 and 2019 it’s time to tell the world about us, and our impact on customers, society and the planet. It’s time to utilise the strength of the Virgin brand and our incredible network to establish the business as a key member of the Virgin Family.
We recognise that with great ambition comes the need for great people and we are looking for someone to play a key role in the finance team at Virgin Pure. This is a broad role across all areas on purchase ledger, sales ledger, monthly accounts, cash and reporting. Working with the Finance Manager you will be involved in all internal and external reporting including monthly management accounts, cash flow, annual statutory accounts, P&L and cash forecasts and ad hoc projects. Pragmatic and with a keen eye for detail, you will enjoy finding smarter ways of working, adding insight and analysis and helping the business to make informed decisions.
- Managing daily collection runs process (for collecting invoice payments from customers) and posting all receipts
- Managing purchase ledger (including posting, authorisation and payment of invoices)
- Management of all company credit cards and staff expense claims
- Preparing daily, weekly and monthly reporting (including daily sales reports and cash reports)
- Supporting the preparation of a rolling 13 cashflow forecast
- Support periodic management accounts process including:
- Calculating and booking accruals & prepayments, capitalisation of assets, depreciation, reconciliations of all key ledger accounts
- Provide support for queries from customers, suppliers and internal teams.
Knowledge & Experience
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a finance or accounting discipline
- AAT/CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified, part-qualified, or a desire to complete a qualification.
- A strong desire to build a career in finance
- SAP experience advantageous
Skills & Competencies
- High energy, empathetic & excellent communicator.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Prepared to get stuck in & make things happen, fast!
- A good sense of humour, and great sense of team spirit.