Sales Ledger Assistant
Job Title: Sales Ledger Assistant
Reports to: Financial Controller
Our client is looking to recruit a Sales Ledger Assistant for their head office in Brighton working in their Finance Department.
To assist in the day to day smooth running of the sales ledger function within the Finance Department.
- Print out daily bank statements and check for any discrepancies or unusual transactions.
- Telephone/email branches and resolve any problems.
- Reconcile to Santander and Barclays bank accounts in the general ledger.
- Print out Worldpay (Credit card) reconciliation reports and reconcile to Nav (Microsoft Navision) in the general ledger, then record on Barclays reconciliation.
- Cash matching from daily reports - telephone branches if there are any discrepancies
- Process customer payments received at head office, via PDQ Terminal and Barclays statement.
- Reconcile Barclays bank statements against credit card postings in Nav.
- Reconcile Santander bank account to Nav General Ledger.
- Bounced cheques - telephone branches and email Stores informing them of situation and request immediate payment by credit/debit card.
- Placing and removing customer accounts off stop as required.
- Raising or lowering customer credit limits as directed by FC.
- To be responsible for producing customer references for the FC to sign.
- Process credit application forms, obtaining references as required, updating accounts where applicable. Email Store managers advising of decision on credit facilities.
- Sort and distribute incoming Sales Ledger post.
- Answering of the telephone.
- Administration and filing as required.
- Review and monitor aged debt report to ensure accounts are paid. Request action from branches and reps for debts more than 90 days overdue. Log evidence of action on to Navision.
- Liaise with Financial Controller on legal action needed for un-recovered debts.
- Monitor 30 day statements to ensure payment
- Produce Direct Debit collections report for export to Barclays Business Master and Navision and match payments.
- Minimum of Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics
- This role would also suit a graduate looking for an entry level finance role
- Excellent communication skills (including written, oral skills)
- Highly effective administrative and organisational skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
For more information please contact Angela Potter at Clearline Recruitment.