Cad Design Engineer
I am currently looking to recruit a Cad Design Engineer to work for a Small but well known manufacturing business located in Sheffield. My client are currently using contractors for all design & cad work but have decided to bring in a permanent employee, due to NPI and customer growth. This opportunity is an exciting yet challenging position with a company who have a long standing client portfolio and customer relations.
Based in Sheffield my client employ circa 50 people and have a dedicated, strong engineering function which is pivotal to the business. Due to pending product changes my client have decided to expand and are now looking to recruit a Cad Engineer / Design Engineer to assist with this. This position will be on a permanent basis and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn and progress.
Reporting into the Technical Manager as the Cad Design Engineer you will work closely with and support the senior engineer team with any Cad Engineering requirements. You will play a pivotal part in future and current product developments and lead from the front with an entrepreneurial drive.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Producing accurate and detailed drawings from an initial brief through to a completed package
- Carry out site survey work and create survey drawing packages
- Working closely with and producing drawings for engineers within the business
- Using 2D/3D / Auto-Cad / Solidworks to create drawing work
- Carrying out ad hoc tasks as instructed
- Maintaining excellent relationship with client and project teams by telephone, email and face to face meetings
- Constantly develop products
To apply for the Cad Design Engineer position based in Sheffield you will have the following Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- CAD qualified and therefore the ability to use and draw in CAD
- Have a clear understanding of Plastics, Rubber. Injection Moulding or similar products
- Strong knowledge of producing working technical drawings and specifications
- Excellent organisational and administration skills including the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion
- Design/branding background would be highly advantageous
- Strong MS user, competent with Outlook, Word and Excel
£25,000 - £32,000 Depending on experience.
Monday - Friday (Half day Friday)