SQL DBA - Database Administrator
Based from offices in Cheltenham, £30,000 - £45,000
Working alongside the Senior DBA, as the DBA will be helping support the design, performance, integrity and security of all databases.
This role requires a fairly good general knowledge of SQL and the want to become a DBA.
Whilst working alongside the senior DBA, you will learning and earning. Gaining knowledge and expertise alongside an experienced DBA.
The organization themselves are the provider of services, technologies that support the delivery of sustainable and profitable food production in the UK.
Key Responsibilities whilst working alongside the Senior DBA:
- Supporting Database Administration of all SQL databases, and ensuring management to best practice where possible.
- Monitor database performance and optimize via query tuning/indexing or disk I/O analysis
- Monitor and analyse system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them
- Experience and knowledge of SQL Server (2008/2012/2014/2016) Administration
- Understanding of networking and SAN storage
- T-SQL scripting
- Good documentation skills
- Good knowledge of Windows Server Environments
- Good problem solving skills
It is important to state that we are not looking for an experienced hands on DBA, we are looking to consider applications from much less experienced professionals who possess working knowledge of SQL. So whether you are considering a career as a DBA but lack the necessary skills, this is a great opportunity for you.
Based from offices in Cheltenham, The salary of offer is between is between £30,000 - £45,000 + Benefits.
Please apply or contact Nick House at Robert Half Technology for more information.