A rapidly growing media organisation based in East London are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis.
The key responsibilities include:
- Process purchase invoices & credit notes into Access (accounting system)
- Request and reconcile supplier statements and follow up on any differences.
- Resolve invoice/credit note queries with suppliers and internal staff.
- Ensure invoices have proper approval.
- Process supplier rebates and confirm balance with Purchasing Department.
- Assist the review of BACS supplier payments schedule to help ensure that all payments are correct and accurate (mid-month & at month-end).
- Prepare cheques as required for suppliers and allocate in Access.
- Processing of credit card expenses.
- Process the approved Group's cash expenses (mid-month & at month end) and file appropriately.
- Filing of invoices/credit notes.
- Review of bank statements for customer receipts.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Strong desire to work in finance
- Diligent with a flexible approach, reliable and conscientious
- Previous Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable experience desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills and communicates in a professional manner
- Data entry experience with excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills with Microsoft Office experience
- Ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a wider team, willing to help others at short notice