Senior Product & Pricing Analyst (Buyer) - Rides
Senior Product & Pricing Analyst (Buyer) - Rides
Location: Manchester City Centre
Skills: Buying, Merchandising, Supply Chain, Pricing, Business Development, Account Management, Pricing, Ground Transportation, Taxis, Transfers, Travel
We are looking for a Senior Product & Pricing Analyst (Buyer) who has a can-do, proactive attitude and vast supplier management and commercial experience with demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team.
We are BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We are the ones who empower people to get where they are going. Whether they are taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they are heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we operate multiple brands:
Booking.com - We are the transport arm of the worlds leading travel booking site.
Rentalcars.com - The worlds biggest online car rental service, putting customers behind the wheel at over 50,000 locations worldwide.
Rides - Finding the best way for each customer to get from A to B. Connect - Bringing our tried-and-tested magic to our partners’ sites, delivering seamless travel experiences through brands our customers already know and love.
With our HQ in Manchester, we are part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we are proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 1,600+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people’s. It’s easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester’s coolest office" and see for yourself. And we are in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we are part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Who are you?
- Strong demonstrable commercial awareness
- Ability to motivate and co-ordinate a team and deliver results against team strategy
- Tenacity to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiation skills and excellent attention to detail
- Hands-on & can-do attitude in an environment that is rapidly changing
- Independently motivated and driven, but also keen to share knowledge
- Highly analytical approach, with the ability to turn analysis into action plans
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Can communicate confidently and effectively with external suppliers across all channels (verbal and written), as well as working with internal teams
- Naturally builds strong and lasting commercial relationships
- Prepared to travel as part of the role
- You will work with the Commercial Manager to deliver the business strategy and deliver the growth required in the areas of responsibility
- Identify and generate good quality leads to increase the pipeline and onboard partners that fit the profile our strategy
- Track sales and margin performance for areas of responsibility
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally with internal teams and departments and also with external suppliers
- Ensuring we have competitive rates in the marketplace and that they are loaded accurately and according to the timescales and criteria defined by the supplier
- Negotiation with suppliers to solve customer queries, agree terms and conditions and cost management
- Continuous review of MI & reporting to improve your ability to deliver in a data-driven fashion
- Ownership of weekly and monthly supply team progress updates vs plan, highlighting key achievements and areas of concern in supply, pricing, competitiveness and quality
- Management and organisation of tasks and for a small team
- Analyse supplier performance to pre-agreed targets, and identify areas of risk or opportunity
- Communicate with suppliers over email and telephone, to solve customer queries, share insights into performance and continually review terms & conditions
- Training and induction of new starters
- Be the 'go to’ person when the team has questions in terms of process and system usage, promote consistency across the team, keep current on new releases, provide training
- Create, and ensure delivery of training plans for all new starters
- Stand in for manager in meetings as required
- First point of escalation for quality related queries and issues and able to identify resolutions quickly and efficiently ensuring both the best customer experience and commercial outcome
- Get involved in business improvement projects as necessary, and generally be proactive and helpful in a small team / start-up environment
- Relevant experience gained in a similar role or environment is essential
- Educated to degree level
- Good working use of Microsoft Office applications, including high levels of Excel knowledge
- Confident delegation skills
- Fluency in additional languages
- Education in Business Studies / Economics / Accountancy
- Demonstrated experience in the Travel sector
- Demonstrated ability to deliver to targets
- Leadership skills either as a team leader or assistant manager