IT Service Desk Team Leader
Part of a FTSE250 financial group who have been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others will not. We are a trusted and ethical lender, lending to our customers face to face and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable and exactly right for them. It is this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different.
About the Role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Service Desk Team Leader at our Head office in Bradford.
In this role the Service Desk Team Lead will be required to effectively lead a team of IT Service Desk Analysts ensuring that service levels are achieved and customer expectations are met. As well as this you will be responsible for ensuring the IT Service Desk are meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service.
Key duties will include:
- People Management including 121's, performance reviews and performance management.
- Regular production and reporting of key metrics and KPI's.
- Effective incident, service request, change and problem management.
- Delivering continuous improvement on service quality
- The design and delivery of Service Desk processes, technologies and services.
- 3rd Party/Vendor Management in conjunction with the Service Management team.
Other duties will include Resourcing, compliance with internal and external audit requirements, adoption and implementation of Service Desk and ITIL best practice, and Risk and Issue management.
*Please note you will be required to work on a rota of 8-4, 10-6 and 12-8 Monday to Friday with the possibility of working one Saturday a month on a rota basis*
The ideal candidate will have will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm but assertive in difficult situations.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent team leadership and motivational skills.
- Highly organised, with the ability to plan for short to long-term objectives.
- Must have an analytical, trouble-shooting mindset, with a positive and proactive approach to problem resolution.
- Extensive experience of incident, service request, problem and change processes.
- Self-management and organisational skills.
- Willingness to develop and learn new skills.
- Experience of report production.
- Extensive experience in staff development and performance management processes.
- Hold the ITIL Foundation and SDI Manager certifications.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
25 days annual leave increasing with service.
Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.