Healthcare Technician/Assistant Private Hospital based in Surrey
Job Title - Healthcare Technician (Assistant)
Salary - Up to £24,000 depending on experience plus an excellent benefits package
Location - Surrey
Type of role - Permanent
Hours - Full time
Our client has state of the art hospitals based in the UK, due to expansion they are now seeking a Healthcare Technician to support the clinical team based in their Surrey Hospital
The Healthcare Technician will be expected to participate in all aspects of the Ophthalmic service. As part of a multi discipline team with an emphasis on quality patient care, they will ensure a comprehensive level of care provision to all patients, their relatives or carers, across clinical and some administrative disciplines.
The Technician will work alongside other clinical team members and optometrists for outpatient consultations and pre assessment of patients, ensuring any concerns are reported as appropriate to the nursing team.
The Technician will adhere to the principles of integrated clinical governance and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) requirements in order to provide the most efficient and effective level of service.
Hold accountability for the delivery of high quality patient care throughout their visit.
- Work closely with clinical and patient services staff to ensure the smooth running of operating lists.
- Actively support and assist patients on surgery days ensuring effective communication.
- Handling patient enquiries effectively, by means of referral to a medical practitioner if necessary, and providing service excellence.
- Provide basic advice on health promotion, with particular reference to ophthalmic surgery.
- Provide pre and post-operative care, within level of competence, to patients and their carers.
- Be aware and sensitive to patients’ and relatives’ needs and adopt an empathetic and personal approach at all times.
- Organise notes and hospital lists to ensure smooth running of hospital schedules, using the system or manual records as appropriate.
- Preparation of consulting/examination/treatment rooms throughout the day ensuring rooms are tidy, stocked with appropriate equipment, stationery etc.
- To offer non-clinical advice regarding appointments and tests.
- Effective day to day management of the diagnostic equipment, including scheduling of patients and back up of diagnostic information.
- Patient data management, ensuring efficient operation of the equipment including any transfer of files between computers.
- The cleaning, preparing and assembling of associated surgical equipment prior to and during treatment, in line with CQC guidelines and company protocols.
- Opening up and closing down of all consulting rooms and diagnostic rooms ensuring all equipment is clean and operational reporting any faults in equipment to Clinical Services Manager.
- Undertake training and reach a level of competence as a laser technician in the Refractive Theatre.
- Work with all staff to ensure an awareness of the uses, safety precautions and handling of equipment within the clinical areas.
- Ensure correct storage of all equipment, taking responsibility to report any concerns to the appropriate manager.
- To assist in the control of cross infection by working to the Hospital policy regarding Uniform Policy, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures.
- To follow correct procedures for documenting and reporting any accident or incident.
- To assist the Clinical Services Manager with suppliers to ensure relevant levels of stock are available so surgery can be performed without delay.
The Requirements for the above post are basic Life Support, an NVQ2 or NVQ3 in Social Care (or working towards this) IT skills which include Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Ophthalmic experience is preferred and previous experience of working in Private Healthcare.
If you have the above please send us your CV and we shall respond, all applicants muct be eligible to work in the UK.