Assistant Financial Controller
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified accountant to take on the role of an Assistant Financial Controller for an insurance speciality in the heart of the City. This will be a 'hands-on' role, responsible for supporting the Financial Controller as they work to build the team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the leading Lloyd's underwriters, getting involved in a company that operates within a £30billion industry.
Duties of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- All accounting and reporting activities for business entities;
- Maintaining the general ledgers and carry out monthly cashbook reconciliations
- Allocate expenses across the group
- Ensure the purchase ledger process runs smoothly, implementing improvements when necessary;
- Monthly expense reporting, analysis and the production of MI;
- Act as a positive leader and establish workflow priorities; and
- Ad hoc duties when required.
All applicants must be ACCA/CIMA/ACA/ICEAW qualified. Suitable candidates must have accounting/finance experience gained within an insurance/reinsurance company, or the insurance division of an accounting practice.
The organisation has a great track record of developing their staff and this is an ideal time to join their dynamic and growing Finance Team. This opportunity will also provide excellent scope for professional development.
This role is offered on what is initially a contract basis