The Procurement Division of SF Group are currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager (Public Sector) for one of our clients in Northamptonshire/Buckinghamshire
Our client is a public sector body within the education sector, which are looking to recruit a Procurement Manager on a contract basis of 13 months, with the potential for the contract to continue after this time.
As the Procurement Manager you will play a major part in delivering value for money for the trust, and ensuring compliance with 'Managing Public Money'. You will also be responsible for:
- Manage and control all of the procurement, ensuring compliance including OJEU procurement rules
- Ensuring value for money is achieved with suppliers and services, working together with the Finance and Operations Director to negotiate contract agreements
- Help develop a suitable contact database for ongoing supplier management, including preferred supplier lists
- Set up a process of monthly/yearly review meetings for contracts to ensure quality and high standards are being delivered
- Effectively engage with schools and staff to ensure training is provided and best practice is adhered to in regards to procurement
To be successful in this role you must have a minimum of 2 years public sector experience at a senior procurement level, as well as the following skills and experience:
- Experience of managing procurement in the public sector
- Experience of writing contracts, and running OJEU tenders (essential)
- Experience of setting up suppliers within the public sector and managing the approved suppliers
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal
- Proven background in delivering savings
- Excellent team work skills, with the ability to work within cross functional teams
- Ability to lead from the front, and to motivate people and provide support to the teams
In return our client is looking to offer a salary of between £36,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
If this sounds like you then please call Alice Wright on for more information, or apply below.