Network Field Engineer
What you’ll be doing...
* To carry out routine operations and maintenance of site equipment to the manufacturer’s/Verizon guidelines, to fulfil Verizon health of site requirements (HOS).
* To install and commission network equipment in UK Verizon technical, customer and Datacentre locations.
* Provide technical support to internal and external customers by performing fault identification, diagnostics and correction on reported faults and technical support requests.
* Assemble, install and commission customer premises (CTE and CPE) and network equipment to the correct standards and adhering to the correct processes and procedures.
* Timely and accurate completion of activity and time reporting on COFEE and any other Verizon designated systems as directed.
* Perform International and metro circuit testing to required standards and within service delivery performance target criteria.
* Perform preventative maintenance routines on both network and technical facilities equipment.
* Submission of method statements and risk assessments according to customer requirements as required.
* Support all out of hours activities for both demand and MASTARS requests.
* To ensure no provocative actions are taken which result in loss of service.
* To ensure that Senior Management is informed of any major Incident.
* Compliance to all relevant H&S requirements, operational and training policies and procedures at all times.
* Comply with ISO 27001. ISO27001 (formally known as ISO/IEC 27001:2005) is a specification for an information security management system (ISMS). An ISMS is a framework of policies and procedures that includes all legal, physical and technical controls involved in an organizations information risk management processes.
* Flexibility to meet business requirements 24/7 * 365
* Expected to be flexible in order to meet business requirements including occasional out of scheduled hours work.
* To promote and represent the UK SD&A Operations organisation in a professional manner at all times
* To carry and produce government issued photographic ID (drivers’ licence/passport) at all times in order to meet site access requirements
* To carry any necessary business required accreditation specified at all times e.g. NGRID/CSCS
* Obtain government security clearance at SC level as required.
* Adherence to an acceptable level of dress code in a customer facing organisation as required by management, including corporate clothing where supplied.
What we’re looking for...
Good to have:
* Technical ability: Demonstrates very good knowledge in major platforms IP, Data, Transmission, Voice Switching, WAN/LAN technology and networking equipment.
* Experience in working in a customer facing field operations environment in either a repair or provisioning role.
* A thorough understanding of circuit layout in F&E/BGW and associated network diagrams.
* Thorough understanding of testers, testing techniques and associated standards used for delivery of service and repair.
Customer Service: Demonstrates the ability to remain customer focused and the importance of exceeding customer expectations.
Team Work: Demonstrates the ability to work efficiently as per clearly communicated planned assignments and timeframes. Able to contribute to the teams overall results.
Problem Solving: Employs a structured approach to questioning and adopts a logical troubleshooting methodology.
* Demonstrates the ability to diagnose / resolve issues.
* Health and Safety awareness
Communication: Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral English.
Time Management: Demonstrates an ability to execute planned activities within expected timeframes
Even better to have:
* Working knowledge of environmental, cooling and AC/DC power supply within a technical facility
* Coaching/Mentoring: Exercise coaching skills in order to interact with other engineers.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.