Development Manager - Data Warehousing
Development Manager - Data Warehouse
Working as a Development Manager your role will be to work closely with my clients (GIS) Division that delivers, manages and maintains the systems that support their internal business.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen to manage our UK based Data Warehouse development and support team, managing eight development and support staff. Reporting to the Group Business Intelligence Manager, you will deliver and support solutions spanning multiple operating countries, working closely with other GIS colleagues and many other people across the business. The right candidate must have the ability to work across various areas of the business including Finance, HR, Sales and Services Operations, leveraging leading edge technologies and best practices.
You will be responsible for the development, management and support of a business-critical Data Warehouse that supports both customers and more than 15,000 internal users
Background of the Candidate:
You will have a background in application development, utilizing Microsoft technologies (preferably including those related to data warehousing and business intelligence).
Your experience should encompass full application lifecycle delivery, covering requirements analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and post go-live support. Experience of a variety of methodologies across agile and waterfall techniques would be welcome.
You will have experience delivering new systems, enhancing existing ones and managing a variety of smaller requests and support issues.
The following management and technical skills are required:
- Management skills:
- Proven leadership and management attributes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience of project management methodologies
- Able to handle change and innovation
- Experience in requirements management and analysis
- Technical skills required:
- Demonstrable experience of using the Microsoft technology stack
- Knowledge and experience of data warehouse methodologies and tools (preferable)
- Application and database design
- Infrastructure awareness (server, storage, network)
- Security and compliance awareness
Premier are acting as an employment agency