PCC Financial Difficulties Officer
We've been finding a better way for over 130 years.
Now it's your turn.
Part of a FTSE 250 financial group who have been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others refuse. We are a trusted and ethical lender - lending to our customers face to face, and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable, and exactly right for them. It is this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different. And, joining our team, you will be a big part of this.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a PCC Financial Difficulties Officer at our head office in Braford. You will be responsible for operating as part of the Financial Difficulties Team, following defined and established processes under the guidance of the Financial Difficulties Manager.
***Please note this is a 12 month fixed term contract with the possibility of becoming permanent***
Responsibilities will include:
- Assessment and transfer of accounts into a central team at Head Office.
- Manage and progress vulnerable, specialist financial difficulty and insolvency non-conformed accounts
- Manage and progress customer accounts following third party contact/activity
- Management of account workflows
- Proactively identify and address any potential issues/opportunities to improve the customer journey
- Potentially vulnerable customers successfully identified and referred to the appropriate business area within agreed SLAs
- Complaints successfully identified and referred to the appropriate business area within agreed SLAs
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and guidance and identify any risks, escalating them to the Financial Difficulties Manager as a priority
- Produce written responses to customer/third party correspondence in a professional manner, either in free-format or using prescribed templates where appropriate to help deliver fair and consistent customer outcomes
- Respond to queries from other business areas and external third parties, providing responses and information required to support the wider performance of the company
- Complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with defined process and/or procedures
- Deliver assigned personal workload, escalating activities and issues appropriately
- Executes policy and procedure under the guidance of the Financial Difficulties Manager
- Clear understanding of business objectives and how their role contributes to them
- Deliver business objectives
- Effectively communicate with the Financial Difficulties Manager and colleagues
- Identify operational risks and report to the Financial Difficulties Manager
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability and desire to develop own skills & abilities
- Good relationship building skills
- Results focused & ability to meet changing deadlines
- Ability to follow guidelines and processes
- Attention to detail
- Receptive to feedback
- Personal ethics are aligned to the company
- Flexible approach and willingness towards undertaking all tasks to support PCC in meeting service levels and objectives
- GCSE Level or above in English & Maths
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it's not the only one. We'll invest in your development - giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. And, working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you'll find your opinions are valued and listened to.