Book-keeper, Award -winning practice
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning accounting, tax and advisory firm firm that specialises in working with ambitious owner managed business in the Thames Valley.
- Maintaining a portfolio of clients maintaining their accounting records to support the management accountant
- Book-keeper on Xero cloud accounting for various industries, correctly accounting for taxes (i.e. VAT, CIS)
- Use of specialist software for processing invoices to reduce/eliminate manual data entry
- Build a relationship with clients, working with them and colleagues to ensure smooth running of processes to ensure accurate information Regular interaction with clients
- Setting up and agreeing regular supplier payment runs, working with a range of online banking platforms
- Working with management accountants in order to meet client deadlines
- Liaising with the accounts, tax, payroll and company secretarial teams as necessary
- Keeping up to date with the chosen internal accounting software packages to provide support and training both to the internal team and clients
- Support to clients and external book-keepers on Xero accounting software
As an enthusiastic and hard working person, you’ll be keen to join an entrepreneurial business where you can add real value to both clients and the business. You’ll also have the following skills and characteristics:
- A 'can do’ attitude with a high attention to detail
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Good at managing deadlines and work load prioritisation ('multi-tasking’)
- Able to work as part of a team but also individually Good organisation skills
- Enthusiastic to embrace and utilise new technology - Cloud platform Computer skills - 'paperless office’
This is a full-time role with a medium-sized firm of integrity who have an innovative, respectful and enthusiastic approach to everything they do.
Candidates could be AAT, ICB or Qualified by Experience.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.