Head of Communications and Engagement - Band 7
Head of Communications and Engagement
Band: Band 7
Location/Base: Welwyn Garden City
Hours/Working Pattern: Monday-Friday - 9am-5pm, 37.5 hours
Pay Rate: £16.00 to £21.00 per hour paye plus holiday or £18.50 to £24.39 per hour umbrella / Limited depending on skill and experience (daily = £120 to £157.50 paye per day or £138 to £182 umb/ltd per day
The overall purpose of the role is to support the Head of Communications and Engagement to foster awareness, understanding of and active participation in the life of the Trust amongst both internal and external audiences.
This is a key role that helps translate communications strategy and planning into action that will see real and lasting changes in awareness and understanding of the life of the Trust and support and participation in our work. The postholder will deputise in the absence of the Head of Communications and Engagement and line manage the Press and Digital Communications Officer and Communications Administrator.
The postholder will help:
- Foster enhanced understanding of the purpose, work and achievements of the trust both internally with staff and members and externally with the public and stakeholders.
- Contribute to developing a programme of communication to enhance the reputation of the Trust
- Support Board and senior managers to work with stakeholders to create a positive environment for the development of community services
- Support the work of engaging staff in the organisation’s development
- Supporting the development of and delivery of the Trust’s communications and engagement strategy and plan, which will require frequent periods of concentration. This includes media relations, internal communications, patient engagement, public affairs, promotion of services, stakeholder management, event organisation and reputational/crisis/emergency management, advising senior managers and responding to highly complex cases.
- Facilitating two-way communications within the organisation and negotiating between the Trust’s key partners.
- Supporting the team in the production of media releases, statements, responses, patient / service case studies, social media postings and internal channels.
- Joint responsibility for creating and publishing website and intranet content, and assisting with the ongoing development of our website and intranet.
- Developing proposals for and delivering improvements to communication policies and protocols to improve the Trust’s branding and protect its reputation.
- Project managing external agencies delivering communications services, ensuring successful outcomes and value for money
- Design, organise and promote multiple external events, which may be complicated and requiring a range of responses to various deadlines.
- Ensuring the Trust’s online and offline communication materials comply with national NHS identity guidelines.
- Management of key projects, brand development and deal with highly complex and sensitive information.
- Overseeing production and distribution of publications / materials, such as newsletters, internal communications, exhibitions, presentations. This includes creative management, writing, editing, print management, and managing distribution.