Customer Service Analyst
Customer Service Analyst - 6 month rolling contract - Kegworth - up to £88 per day
PTS Resourcing is currently looking for a candidate to join the team within a Technology Department for a large financial institution.
Core Hours of cover are 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday and you will be required to work a 35 hour week.
You'll deliver a full range of requests and services within agreed SLA targets for dealing with colleagues, through both inbound and outbound calls and the use of iHelp chat. You'll ensure the appropriate action and response to all requests is taken, interrogate information keyed into the request system, and develop and retrieve information as required to identify recurring trends.
These activities may consist of (but not limited to);
- Provide support and guidance to Team Leaders to make strategic decisions, and share best practice across the team
- Maintain close working relationships with on site management, support teams, suppliers and other service providers
- Act as a liaison point with Workplace Services and Technology operational teams, customers and suppliers, and provide flexible support and escalate any issues as necessary
- Adhere to the bank's policies and procedures at all times, and support and contribute to Lean Sustainability across the team
You must have the following essential skills;
- Competent with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook & Excel
- Good customer service skills
- Competent time management & organisational skills
- Numeracy Skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Ability to take direction & provide timely updates
- Confident in working to tight SLAs and working under pressure
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing operational environment
- Flexible approach
- The ability to understand new technologies and terminology quickly
If you're interested and would like to know more, please send your CV to today!
PTS is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief and sexual orientation.