Mandarin Speaking Home Support Worker
To provide personal, practical, social and emotional support to a married couple visiting London from May, in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence. The services provided by our Support Workers is that which would normally be undertaken by a caring relative and must not include tasks which would normally be undertaken by a qualified nurse.
This role is to support an elderly lady with dementia and, due to personal care being involved, at this time female candidates are required only. We will have more vacancies for male candidates in coming weeks.
Candidates for this role must speak Mandarin and preferably already have experience working in a Carer or Support Worker role. We will also consider candidates with no experience as full training is provided. If you have no experience then please include a cover letter saying why you think you are a good fit for the role.
Our Support Workers much be very well presented and have excellent verbal communication skills. They should have an aptitude for care and have some interests that would appeal to our clients as social interaction is key.
You must be willing to work one in three weekends when required and help to cover other Support Workers absence when necessary.
In return for your commitment to Right at Home, you can expect the opportunity to support on building a high quality home care business from the beginning; excellent pay rates; a personal development plan with learning and training opportunities; full support from the Business Owner & Registered Manager; and amazing job satisfaction by improving the lives of others.
Enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
These specific clients live in Kensington and we can also offer additional hours with other clients accross Central London. We offer support and companionship, personal care, physical assistance, well-being, specialist care and dementia on an hourly and live in basis.
As a Right at Home Support Worker you should ideally live within the local area. You must legally be over 18 years of age to work as a Support Worker and must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Benefits of this role
- We pay really well - we also include 28 days holiday, pension plan, medical plan, travel expenses and travel time paid where required
- There’s always time to talk - we offer minimum one-hour calls and allow realistic travel times
- You choose your hours - we agree a schedule that suits your lifestyle
- We’re close to home - your clients will be local to you
- We invest in you - with us you will gain our market-leading Care Certificate
- You’ll always feel supported - with one-to-one mentoring, ongoing training and help at the end of a phone, you’re not alone.