Are you looking to work for an industry leader?
Do you have knowledge and experience of the awarding or managing of NHS healthcare contracts?
This post represents an exciting opportunity for someone with knowledge and experience of the awarding or managing of NHS healthcare contracts. The role sits within the exciting Business Development team, which is charged with finding innovative ways of raising additional funding to secure the delivery of our Vision.
Last year, we celebrated 40 years of delivering exceptional care to patients and their families. We were awarded 'Outstanding' by the CQC in 2017. In recent years we have expanded our services vastly, and the future development of our strategy will see us extend our care to more patients and their families.
The role will be accountable for leading and coordinating the clinical teams' delivery of contracts with Clinical Commissioning Groups and other commissioning/contract awarding bodies.
Your effective delivery in the role would see the coordination of reporting across contracts and teams, and ensure staff are aware of contract performance measures. The role will encompass leading on performance reviews of existing contracts, and supporting operational staff to improve contract delivery and understanding performance.
- You will coordinate internal functions, to ensure that reporting timelines are met, and that data is reviewed before communication to the commissioning body.
- You will engage with external Commissioning teams, including negotiation to harmonise and simplify reporting where possible. Success will include ensuring that the maximum amount of reporting can be automated, and the amount of "manual handling" minimised.
- You will be adept at building relationships with teams and individuals, to ensure contract performance shortfalls are subject to agreed action plans, and that progress is tracked and reported.
- You will be required to review draft contracts and provide guidance on issues and changes. Where possible, negotiating with Commissioners to streamline / simplify reporting requirements.
- Good IT and data analysis skills are essential, however ongoing training can also be provided.
HOURS: 15 hours per week (flexible)
CLOSING DATE: Monday 30th April 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: Thursday 17th May 2018
Additional Salary Info: 27 annual leave and access to the company pension scheme
Contracts Manager | NHS | Contracts | Business | Hospice | Charity | Management | Commissioning
- Experience of awarding / delivering / managing NHS and other healthcare contracts.
- Extensive experience of developing and implementing business reporting systems.
- Proven ability to see the value in the information provided and to inspire others to make use of it.
- High level Excel and PowerPoint skills, and experience of presenting performance data to customers / Commissioners
- Strong set of 'soft' skills, including Presentation / Relationship Building / Negotiation / Facilitation and Conflict Resolution.
- Flexibility will be required in order to attend contract review meetings, and be responsive to Customer requirements.
- Proven success working in a rapidly changing environment requiring the ability to propose, justifying, initiating and implementing change.
- Ability to apply analytical skills beyond the traditional functions of contract management, and devise new methods of presenting results.
About Our Company:
We are an organisation driven to provide the very best care and support to patients, families and carers across our 700 sq miles.
Over the last 40 years, we have supported and cared for over 45,000 patients, carers and families. We are innovative and pioneering and deliver exceptional care as recognised by our recent award of an 'Outstanding' rating from the Care Quality Commission. We have a vision and bold plans for the future.