Assistant Accountant | Alfreton| £18,000-£23,000
Macildowie Finance is offering an exciting opportunity for a AAT Qualified Assistant Accountant to join a busy team based Alfreton, Derbyshire.
As the Assistant Accountant you will report directly to the Finance Manager and assist with delivering the day to day accounting responsibilities and also areas relating to stock and costings.
- Co-ordination of the Purchase Ledger function; processing invoices, payments, reconciling and analysing supplier statements and monitoring internal targets such as cash flow forecasting and supplier reviews.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for 10 companies
- Production of quarterly consolidated accounts for submission to the bank
- Preparation and processing of company Payroll
- Stock valuation control and administration for over 50 units
- Sole responsibility for one of the accounts
- Producing Month End Analysis Reports
- Preparing weekly and monthly KPI reports
- Commercially minded
- High degree of integrity
- Decisive, pro-active and assertive
- Ability to demonstrate working under initiative and think things through to solution whilst being innovative and creative
- Good Excel skills
- Takes personal responsibility to deliver to timescales with a disciplined attention to detail
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a Finance team
- New CIMA/ACCA student and fully qualified AAT
- Knowledge of payroll preparation and auto-enrolment desired
- Some experience of balance sheet reconciliations preferable
Package - £18,000 - £23,000
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity then please give Jeanette Spicer a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.