Retail Store Manager
Retail Store Manager
CA11 8JB- Candidates must be able to get to and from our client’s Bridge Lane store in Penrith
£21,000 per annum + Benefits
Our client is expanding in the UK, opening sites just around the corner from you. They have experienced unrivalled growth recently and can offer an exciting career opportunity for successful candidates. Due to growth an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Retail Store Manager to join the Penrith Petrol Forecourt Store.
Our client’s forecourts and convenience stores are the heart of the business, after all, this is where it all began and it’s the primary reason customers visit so getting it right is a really important job!
Being a Forecourt / Retail Store Manager is exciting and rewarding with every day bringing new challenges and experiences for you to relish.
This isn’t a back office management position. Forecourt / Retail Store Managers are hands on, playing and active role in all store activity including building strong relationships with customers. You will lead and direct your team to ensure that the full store operation is carried out - from store presentation and cleanliness to the management of stock and promotional activity. You will also be responsible for making sure your customer’s experience is second to none with every customer who walks through the door having access to high quality products, experiencing friendly service and leaving with a smile.
You will be required to manage a busy team using your own initiative and accepting delegated responsibility from the Area Manager.
Retail Store Manager main duties include:
- Running the petrol forecourt / managing your team ensuring that our customers receive the highest standards of customer service
- Liaising with your line manager (Area Manager) on a regular basis
- Meeting set store KPI’s & Targets
- Ensuring all cashing/banking summaries and reports are conducted / perform the relevant checks
- Checking current fuel volumes, stock at site and delivery plans to meet with target fuel stock holding - order as necessary
- Conducting stock checks of all products including tobacco, oil, car care and lotto instants
- Checking merchandising is meeting company standards including stock levels, presentation, price and labelling
- Coaching and motivating your team / developing and progressing employees
- Recruiting new colleagues where necessary and providing hands on training
- Managing staff rotas in line with budgeted hours / staff holidays / sickness leave
- Following company policies and procedures
The Ideal Retail Store Manager:
Naturally, it’s a job that calls for a track record as a supervisor or line manager and a CV bursting with customer service experience. You'll need numeracy skills, basic computer literacy and a flexible approach to working hours. On a personal level, we look for problem-solvers who can manage change, communicate with people from all walks of life and continually focus on our customers.
Candidates must be fully flexible in working hours and will be required to cover various shifts including mornings, evenings, weekends and nights.
You Will Receive
In return for your hard work as a Retail Store Manager, you will receive a competitive salary of £21,000. Additionally, you will receive:
- Bonus Scheme
- A passionate and fun team environment
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Recognition Schemes
- Join an established, successful and growing franchise
- Opportunities across multiple existing high-profile brands with many more to come!
This store is operated by one of the UK and Europe’s largest privately-owned forecourt retail operators. They have strategic brand partnerships with leading high street retailers and restaurants. With over 700 sites across the UK, and growing, career development is very real possibility with them!
APPLY NOW and start your fantastic career as our Retail Store Manager! As an employer, our client pride themselves on training and development so this application is just the start!
Successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.