Traffic Interview Surveys- Surrey
We are looking for bank staff to work at locations across the county to carry out traffic surveys. The basic rate of pay is £9.66 per hour, which includes an annual leave payment of 14%.
The hours of work vary according to the type of work and the requirements of each individual survey. Hours to be worked will be mutually agreed in advance. Some types of work involve early starts and/or late finishes. Bus surveys may be required at any time, bus services operate (generally 0600 – 2400). Traffic surveys may involve long hours (generally 0700-1900). Market research surveys and office work are generally quite flexible. In all cases, there will be scheduled break periods.
If you would to find out more about the work that the traffic surveys team do then please read on!
About the Role
The Transport Studies Team collects and analyses transport-related data. In addition to undertaking transport-related studies, including transport modelling, the team is responsible for monitoring movement and trends as well as evaluating the performance of schemes once they have been implemented.
As well as capturing data for input to specific studies and monitoring Local Transport Plan targets, the team works closely with those developing bids for transport funding from the Department for Transport and the Local Economic Partnerships. The Team also works closely with other teams on scheme improvements, traffic management and information to assist asset management. Frequently such work requires relevant surveys to be undertaken using appropriate methods to help identify and quantify issues, assist planning schemes and bidding for funding, and evaluating the schemes once implemented.
We are looking for conscientious and reliable individuals to join our established team undertaking traffic surveys. These include:
Bus Surveys involve travelling on specific bus services, interviewing passengers and recording information about passenger’s movements.
Traffic Surveys involve recording the movements of different types of traffic or pedestrians at particular locations and usually involves working in a team.
Market Research Surveys involve asking members of the public questions about their travel behaviour. Some surveys are carried out in public places, others involve visiting homes.
Office Work involves coding, data entry or analysis of survey data. Work can be undertaken at our office at County Hall or, if suitable, at home.
To be considered for the role we are looking for individuals who are:
- Confident communicators
- Able to record and maintain accurate records
- Flexible in their attitude and approach to work
- Able to work with others
We look forward to hearing from you.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 29th April, 2018.
Interviews dates are to be confirmed.
Equal Opportunity, Values and Behaviours
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
The values below will be crucial in delivering our corporate strategy, and are what we draw on to make a difference for Surrey residents.
- Listen - We actively listen to others and expect to be listened to.
- Responsibility - We take responsibility in all that we do at work.
- Trust - We work to inspire trust and we trust in others.
- Respect - We are supportive and inclusive and committed to learning from others.
Our behaviours are what people experience when they interact. They encompass how we do our work and how we treat other.
- Be customer focused - We put the customer at the heart of our work and take responsibility to uphold the customer promise in all that we do.
- Work as one team - We collaborate with and involve our partners, customers and colleagues, and build strong and lasting relationships based on listening, trust and mutual respect.
- Make things happen - We plan and deliver our work on time and effectively, making sure we understand the needs and priorities and considering all our options and risks.
- Communicate with purpose - We communicate clearly to all our stakeholders, making sure that we listen, understand and inform in the process.
- Be the best we can be - We embrace the need for change and innovation, taking responsibility to improve our services and processes in the right way.
- Develop ourselves and others - We learn continually, we seek feedback about our own performance and support others to learn.