I am now working on behalf and with a Design & Manufacturing business based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire who are now looking to recruit a CAD Engineer to work on NPI and Product Improvements. This position equates to about 75% of time creating and updating 2D AutoCAD drawings for manufacturing and certification of the product range.
Located in Sheffield, South Yorkshire my client design & manufacture a range of products into a range of industries and currently have a workforce of 30 employees. This opportunity is down to an increase in market demand and the opportunity to develop new and existing products. This position equates to about 75% of time creating and updating 2D AutoCAD drawings for manufacturing and certification of the product range.
My client is now looking to recruit a Permanent CAD Engineer, to work at their Sheffield Manufacturing site. This position is to add to their current talented team but will come with future progression opportunities:
You will be responsible for:
- This position equates to about 75% of time creating and updating 2D AutoCAD drawings for manufacturing and certification of the product range.
- This includes plastic mouldings , castings, fabricated parts and product assemblies, electrical circuit (not PCB design). This is currently on AutoCAD 2006/Mechanical desktop.
- The client is currently looking to invest in Solidworks and create future designs in 3D.
- Working with a team of five engineers providing provide engineering support in terms of detailed designs and component sourcing. General product drawings and QA documents (e.g. work and test instructions).
- Working in a heavily regulated industry with strong internal document control procedures.
To apply for the position of Design Engineer based in Sheffield, you will have experience within:
- Engineering background
- Flexible attitude, able to get involved in all aspect of design, component sourcing, product testing.
Days Position with a salary of £25,000 - £35,000
Some training and development will be offered.