Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Join technically advanced business operating to incredibly high standards as a key part of their engineering resource.
Michael Page has partnered with a global organisation who sits at the heart of the global energy industry. With a number of subsidiary businesses this organisation are truly specialised in what they can accomplish whilst holding a share in an incredibly broad range of markets.
As an Electrical Technician on one of their best performing CHP plants you will be joining a site with incredibly high standards across safety, operations, maintenance and environmental performance which you will be expected to uphold and progress.
Reporting into the Electrical Manager the Electrical Maintenance Engineer will ensure all planned electrical maintenance work is completed safely and efficiently and with the long term reliability of the equipment at the forefront of your priority.
Alongside this you will:
- Undertake routine maintenance, projects and fault finding on Electrical equipment, engaging further technical resources where needed and providing accurate and timely feedback on defect resolution and deterioration mechanisms.
- Undertake outage support during power train outages from defect identification, through planning to successful implementation.
- Produce Maintenance Work Packs including reviews of Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Undertake Site Safety Rule authorisations from Competent person, Nominated Supervisor to Appointed Person.
- Contribute to identification of improvement, upgrades and project work and undertake this accordingly
To be successful as the HV Electrical Maintenance Technician you will be a proactive individual comfortable organising your own work load and taking autonomous decisions justified by engineering reasoning.
The ideal Electrical Maintenance Engineer will:
Be apprentice trained with a HNC in Electrical Engineering as a minimum
Demonstrate previous maintenance and fault finding experience on HV and LV systems including testing and re-commissioning preferably within a generation or heavy industry sector
Have a proven track record in planning and scoping works and completing small projects
Possess the desire, aptitude and attitude to learn and develop and share your knowledge and experience with colleagues
Awareness of process and behavioural safety
Competitive and market leading package