Looking for a career in education ? Passionate about working with children ? Wanting to gain more experience to enrol onto the P.G.C.E. course ? Is Liverpool a good location for you ? If you have answered yes to the following, then it is within your interest to read on.
We have recently been asked by a client to source a Cover Supervisor to work in their school situated in the Liverpool area. The school is a mixed secondary that offers education to students between the ages of 11 - 16. It is has a school that has undergone several changes within the last few years; the main transformation being that of converting to Academy status. During these recent years the school has grown from strength to strength, the standards have greatly improved. Staff who have worked at the school have commented on the community spirit within the establishment, acknowledging the warm and vibrant ambiance.
What is the role of Cover Supervisor and what does it entail? One of the main responsibilities of the Cover Supervisor is to ensure that students are kept on task with their planned work. It is important that the successful applicant will have the ability of maintaining a calm and pleasant atmosphere within the classroom. The position is one that will involve versatility, as the Cover Supervisor will be responsible for covering various lessons with different age groups. It is important that successful applicant will be able to confidently deal with any discipline issues that may arise.
What do I need to apply for this position? It is important that you meet the following criteria:
- Have an excellent educational background with preferably a degree or the educational equivalent
- Have experience of working with children, preferably in a classroom based environment, however, other examples of working with children would be beneficial
- Have a calm and positive attitude when dealing with students and also have the ability to diffuse discipline issues in an effective manner
- Have a passion of for working with children
- Have aspirations of joining the teaching profession. A great way to gain more experience.
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Have a DBS, however, we can process one for you
The position is full time Monday to Friday 08.30 - 15.00. The position will commence once a suitable candidate has been sourced . Pay will reflect your ability and ranges from £55 - £70 per day. If you want to know more or apply for this position then please contact Tony at Bespoke Education Ltd