Database Administrator / DBA
Polkadotfrog are seeking and experience DBA to be responsible for maintaining the availability and performance of our clienats current and future database technology. You will work closely with Development Architects to optimize, maintain and support the comprehensive databases required for a global organization and ensure that products are performant and optimized. You will also be a key stakeholder in any Database projects and you will have a passion for all things Data related
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and optimization of all databases
- Database business as usual activities (e.g. backup and validation)
- Troubleshooting queries
- Working with the development team to improve and replace non-performant queries
- Assist in the design of new data infrastructure required systems and customers.
- Proactively manage database performance and represent changes to the change board
- Mentor to existing 2nd line support team members
- Document changes and contribute to learning to existing knowledge base.
- Represents the team when Development are planning new database infrastructure.
- Maintain database performance by identifying and resolving problems and feeding back into the development triage process.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, including load and performance testing, replication, ETL and log shipping.
- Passionate about driving best practice for database administration, influencing colleagues within Platform Operations and other team members.
- Prior experience with provisioning SAN storage and data storage technology and distribution.
- Experience in performing maintenance, monitoring and optimization
- Good working knowledge of data security and protection.
- Ability to work to deadlines, understanding of processes and workflows both alone and within a team.
- Must possess good organizational, verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving skills and the ability to follow a systematic approach.
- Ability to make decisions without all the answers and thrive in an often-ambiguous fast-moving environment.
- Experience of different database technologies. (e.g. Postrgres and mySQL)
- Experience of cloud-based data solutions (e.g. Amazon RDS)
- Experience in Couchbase or other NoSQL technologies