IT Systems Engineer
The role is suited for an individual that already has a fundamental grounding and experience of Windows based server and client environments and associated technologies such as IP based networking, Internet connectivity WAN infrastructures and security device management. Familiarity of application installation and cloud based software solutions is also a pre-requisite.
Reporting to, and being supported initially by the technical director the successful candidate will be involved in a range of the following responsibilities and disciplines:
- Client pre-project technical analysis of existing infrastructures and platforms, including preparation data to support the sales consultancy and project planning functions within the business to enable the preparation solution proposals to customers.
- Planning and implementation of hardware and network solutions based upon the agreed project roadmap, this will involve initially working under a dedicated project manager as part of a team but it is our goal for the successful candidate to take more autonomous responsibility for this function as quickly as possible based upon experience and training.
- Deployment of cloud based solutions, including data migration processes and associated handover to customers.
- Providing technical support to the sales and account management team when clients require proposals that include complex and technical understanding. We utilise Microsoft Teams for this function and work in a collaborative environment to make the best of our shared levels of expertise and experience.
- Working in conjunction with our customers third party vendors to manage and assist them in implementing solutions that integrate with the LCS platforms, ensuring secure access is granted and compliance with our operational guidelines.
- Implementation and configuration of security appliance hardware and associated solutions to protect our clients as much as possible from potential security breach or cyber-attack.
- Autonomous planning, deployment of ad-hoc small projects including customer handover and update of all associated in house asset and system management data into SharePoint.
- Potentially and at least initially, involvement of the deployment of on-premise and cloud based IP telephony solutions.
- Providing first and second line support to the LCS client base and to attend sites where a hands-on approach to solving such issues is required.
- Participation in local onsite placement works for mid-term projects for our clients if required.
- LCS is a team orientated company providing a supportive environment for everyone, that includes staff and customers alike.
Reporting initially to the technical director this role will be supported with a range of specialist technical training and mentoring programs to assist in the ongoing development of an already enthusiastic, transparent, friendly and confident individual looking for a rewarding career in a technical discipline.
LCS operate a relaxed and fun working environment allowing individual team members to grow and develop their skills and creativity in a nurturing and supportive environment.
We believe that making mistakes is essential in the learning and development process, as what we learn from those experiences is invaluable for personal growth. This results ultimately in positive innovation and the evolution of our products and service delivery model.
We believe that people that are happy in their career and place of work, develop appropriate skills faster, are more creative, attain higher levels of personal job satisfaction, with financial security for themselves and the business as a result.
The working hours are Monday - Friday 8:30 am till 5 pm.
The initial remuneration package, depending on experience will be £25-29K basic based on experience plus the following incentives and benefits;
- Technical training provided including courses and materials, equivalent to £3,000 value, to attain Microsoft MCSA 2016 certification (or MCSA 2019 if available) within the first year.
- Upon successful completion of MCSA certification, additional salary increase of £1,000 per annum.
- Upon sufficient experience being attained, option to join out of hours support team rota (1 week per month, 7am-11pm 7 days a week excluding office opening hours) - additional potential earnings of up to £3,300 per annum.
- Site placement bonus of £12 per day available when working on permanent site placements. Optional overtime opportunities during large scale installation project will also be available (weekend and evening works paid at time and a half rate).
- 25 days paid annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- Optional company pension scheme
- Company Laptop
- Company iPhone
- Use of company pool vehicles for external appointments or mileage allowance @ 45 pence per mile for use of own vehicle.
- 3 days per annum paid sick leave - can also be used for medical and dental appointments.
- Salaries are reviewed in October and applied in November each year as part of our team review process. Additional increments are awarded based upon experience and achieving qualification milestones in a range of Microsoft and other vendor accreditation programs.
The above package is based upon the first 12 months of being a member of the LCS team and attaining the desired level of technical performance working under self-initiative. As the levels of responsibility and success increase salary and benefits will rise in line with personal growth, experience and attainment.Get in Touch
If you feel you have the right qualities, drive, ambition and desire to join the LCS technical team then submit your CV along with information about how you think you can add value to our exciting and dynamic business quoting PC-TR-SE18
Closing date for applications is Friday 11th May 2018; successful candidates for interview will be contact immediately after this date.