We are currently looking for a Project Assistant to join team in Gilwell Park, East London. You will join us on a full time basis working 35 hours per week on a fixed term contract until December 2018 with opportunity for continuation. You will receive a competitive salary of £23,412 per annum.
About the Project Assistant Role
The Scout Association (TSA) and NCS Trust is committed to a strategic partnership that enables each organisation to support the sustainability and growth of the other, whilst improving outcomes for young people across England.
At the heart of this Strategic Partnership is an enduring commitment to actively engage and support young people in their personal development, empowering them to make a positive contribution to society, transition into adulthood, engage with their communities and increase social mixing.
What we are looking for in our Project Assistant:
- Experience of basic project management, providing administrative support or supporting the governance of a project or organisation. We do not require degree level education.
- Highly competent in the use of work processing, data collection and email software
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise and escalate concerns in a timely manner
- Willingness and ability to travel across and UK and undertake occasional out of hours work
- Experience and understanding of working with partner organisations (i.e external to your employer) (HD)
- Ability to deliver training, events and workshops
- Networking and influencing skills that result in positive outcomes
- Knowledge of current non-formal education, character education and youth social action policy discussions and developments
- Experience of basic research methodologies
- Experience of policy development and/or academic research (including primary and secondary research methods, both qualitative and quantitative) with evidence of report authorship
What we can offer you as our Project Assistant
- Free Parking
- Subsidised Lunch
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
Scouting changes lives. We make a positive difference in our communities and improve the life chances and outcomes of young people from every background. We get the chance to work with young people at the most important time in their lives: their childhood.
So if you would like to join the team as our new Project Assistant then please click 'Apply’ today - don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Details of closing and Interview date
Closing date: Friday 11th May 2018 at 12 pm
Interview Date: TBC
The Scout Association aims to be an equal opportunities employer.