To support the team of financial planners and deliver a research and report writing service to high net worth clients.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- An understanding of the financial planning process.
- Ability to work within defined business processes.
- Prioritise and plan own workload to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision.
- Detailed and accurate.
- Articulate, analytical and numerate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills with competency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word & Outlook) and financial research tools (e.g. O&M, Voyant, FE Analytics & Synaptic).
- Using FE Analytics to research and analyse fund performance, volatility and risk.
- Using Voyant to prepare cash flow plans for clients and incorporate system outputs into reports and assist with their presentation in client meetings.
- Using O&M Pensions Profiler to analyse existing and recommended pension arrangements.
- Experience of wrap platforms and main tax wrappers.
- Advanced report writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Broad knowledge of financial services world.
- High level of technical knowledge of financial products.
- Certificate in Financial Planning
- Diploma in Financial Planning (desirable)
- Relevant qualifications in other technical areas such pensions, investments, trusts, long term care/equity release (desirable).