Accounting System Advisor
Provide technical accounting and tax explanations to the support team helping them to provide answers to customers on technical matters; as well as supporting the design and testing of certain areas of the software.
Our client based in the Weybridge area provides award winning software to small to medium sized accountancy practices.
With an exciting and established portfolio of software for Practice Management, Self-Assessment, Corporation Tax and Integrated Accounts Production, along with a flexible cloud solution and continually enhancing features their client base continues to grow.
They now require an experienced Accountant to act as the company's Subject Matter Expert and to work alongside a passionate team of software professionals.
The Accounting System Advisor role will involve;
* Be part of the development and technical support teams
* Provide technical accounting and tax explanations to the support team helping them to provide answers to customers on technical matters; as well as supporting the design and testing of certain areas of the software.
* Liaise with customers using excellent communication skills to explain potentially complex matters.
* Give detailed explanations of accounting standards and tax legislation and regulations in a format that can be understood by support team members and customers.
* Understand and explain why accounting disclosures and tax calculations are stated as they are in our software using your extensive knowledge of current accounting standards and tax legislation.
* Work collaboratively between support and development teams and impart knowledge to upskill others.
* Use simple language to explain complex calculations or legal parameters.
The ideal candidate for the Accounting System Advisor role will:
- Have an accounting background and be Part-Qualified in either CIMA / ACCA / ACA
- Experienced preferably in the practice space (not essential).
- Have experience in preparing year-end accounts for both incorporated and unincorporated businesses and for preparing and submitting self-assessment and corporation tax computations/returns for filing to HMRC.
- Must be up to date with UK GAAP disclosure requirements and be able to assist in developing model accounts templates for both incorporated and unincorporated businesses that comply with the latest accounting standards.
- Must be able to understand tax legislation, to interpret tax calculation documents, and HMRC manuals and be prepared to use that knowledge to assist internal staff and customers.
The Accounting System Advisor role can pay between £35-45,000 + benefits. Please apply for further details.